Facebook Messenger in eCommerce: How To Use It To Sell More
Looking to grow your eCommerce business? Well, one of the most proven ways of boosting online business sales is Facebook Messenger. With its personalized messaging, automated response features, and a wide range of integrations, it's the perfect way to reach more customers and simplify your customer service.
Facebook Messenger is a powerful tool for eCommerce businesses to boost their sales and reach new customers. By integrating Facebook Messenger into your eCommerce store, you can create an interactive experience for your customers, provide personalized customer service and support, and even automate tasks such as order tracking and delivery notifications.
Discover how to use Facebook Messenger for eCommerce. Learn the benefits of integrating Facebook Messenger into your online store, including increased customer engagement, shorter sales cycles, and improved customer service. Get started today to see the results, know how and why in this article!
Table of Content:
- 5 Reasons Why To Use Facebook Messenger in eCommerce
- How To Use Facebook Messenger in eCommerce?
- Most Important Statistics That You Need To Know About Facebook Messenger in eCommerce
- Best Tactics To Master Using Facebook Messenger Your eCommerce
- Real Examples For Using Facebook Messenger Your eCommerce
- Automate Your Social Media Marketing Now!
5 Reasons Why To Use Facebook Messenger in eCommerce
Image source: chatbotsmagazine.com
Facebook Messenger is a powerful tool for eCommerce businesses. It allows them to engage with their customers in real-time, provide customer support and boost sales. By using Facebook Messenger, businesses can build better relationships with their customers, increase customer loyalty, and ultimately boost sales. Here are five reasons why using Facebook Messenger can be beneficial for eCommerce:
1- Reach a Large Audience: With over 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook Messenger is one of the most widely used messaging platforms in the world. By integrating Messenger into your eCommerce strategy, you can reach a large audience that is already familiar with the platform.
2- Personalized Communication: Messenger allows you to have personalized, one-to-one conversations with your customers. This can help build trust and create a stronger connection between your brand and your customers.
3- Quick Customer Service: Customers often have questions or issues that need to be addressed quickly. Messenger allows you to provide fast and efficient customer service, which can lead to higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
4- Automated Messaging: Messenger also offers the ability to set up automated messaging, which can help streamline your customer service and sales processes. You can create chatbots that can answer common questions, provide product recommendations, and even process orders.
5- Increase Sales: Messenger can be used to increase sales by providing customers with personalized product recommendations, sending abandoned cart reminders, and even processing orders directly within the chat. This can help drive more revenue for your eCommerce business.
How To Use Facebook Messenger in eCommerce?
Facebook Messenger eCommerce is becoming increasingly popular as a way to boost business and sales. It allows businesses to engage with customers in a more direct and personal way, providing them with personalized customer service and support.
To get started using Messenger in eCommerce, you'll need to integrate it with your website or eCommerce platform. Facebook provides a number of tools and resources to help businesses get started with Messenger, including APIs and chatbot-building tools. You can also use Messenger ads to reach new customers and promote your products. Here is how to get started:
1- Identify your target audience
You need to understand BOTH the psychographics and the demographics of your intended audience. As a business, you need to understand the motivations behind your customers' product purchases. You must delve deeper into your market research to learn more about their preferences, ambitions, and problems that they hope to solve.
If you're interested in learning more, you may use Facebook's audience analytics tool to obtain details on gender, geography, language, and even previous purchases. By doing this, you will become familiar with the terminology they employ, allowing you to incorporate it into your e-commerce website, and offer to draw in your ideal clients.
2- Directly market your products on Messenger
Owning an eCommerce business, you must have a Facebook page with your unique business name. Simply add a shop option to this page so that customers can buy directly from you. Here is how:
- Go directly to the "Sell on Facebook" page
- Tap the "Shop" option. This enables you to link business accounts, create payouts, and establish preferences for shipping and returns.
- Customers can text your Facebook page to purchase from you if you use the Marketplace option.
3- Create a chatbot
Humans yearn for human contact and engagement. Clients are interested in live chat. Successful companies understand that it is a cost-focused support channel and an excellent source for business expansion. Chatbots help to increase client loyalty. In the Messenger app, you can create a chatbot by:
- Using simple, uncomplicated terminology. Use simple language; avoid using complex or technical terms that may be difficult for customers to understand.
- Utilizing guided reactions. In order to give customers the impression that you care about them, you should pre-set some prompt responses.
- Not a bother. Make sure your bot doesn't send texts all day long. Customers who find the bot annoying can block it. You must pay close attention to the responses of the clients to make sure not to annoy them.
- Removing a direct-contact option. If you don't respond right away, your customer might think you've ignored their problem. Insert a "Contact Support" to solve this issue. Customers can contact you directly thanks to this.
- Modifying your bot. Even if your bot is perfect, there is always space for growth. You should keep testing and observing the issues that your audience has. Update to reflect some fresh concepts.
4- Connect Facebook Messenger to your online store
You must connect the bot to your e-commerce website after setting it up. If the Messenger app is not connected to the website, your price adjustments or other updated information will not be available.
There are three ways to integrate Messenger with your online store:
- Messenger sales channel: Your intended audience will be able to view your product catalogs inside Messenger thanks to this. It directs them to the checkout page if they discover something they can purchase. You can use it to respond to consumer inquiries and receive alerts automatically when they place orders. Customers can get in touch with you by clicking Message Us or Message on your website or business page.
- Facebook Live Chat: You may boost your sales by linking your company with Shopify. Go above and beyond to grow your e-commerce business. Simply click on some links on the app to install Facebook Live chat.
- Buying Now Button: Contrast this with the sales channel, where clients must exit Messenger to complete their purchase. You can make purchases using the "Buy Now" option without leaving the app.
All it takes is a single tap on the "buy" button to be taken to the Messenger app's simple payment process Any shipping, contact, and payment-related information will be taken directly from the customer's Messenger profile.
To finish their purchase, users can tap the "pay" button. The opportunity to examine the receipt will be included in the notification regarding the order confirmation.
The payment may be made using PayPal or another online payment system.
5- Promote Your Products on Messenger
Your brand may benefit greatly from these advertisements. You are able to run Messenger ads that show up on their stories or Messenger. You should attempt these strategies to attract customers:
- Utilize a brief video or image to create a standout advertisement.
- Make an effort to sound personable.
- Change the CTAs in the destination advertising.
- Bring customers to your website and respond right away.
Most Important Statistics That You Need To Know About Facebook Messenger in eCommerce
Image source: mashable
To prove scientifically that Facebook Messenger is currently booming and can transform your online sales, check the latest statistics below:
1- In January 2023, advertisers nearly reached 931.0 million users on Facebook Messenger, making it seventh among the most 'active' social media sites in the world.
2- There are over 3 billion monthly active users on Facebook, and over 1.3 billion of them use Messenger.
3- 53% of people are more likely to buy from a business that they can message directly.
4- 67% of customers used a chatbot for customer service in the past year.
5- 71% of customers are willing to use messaging apps to get customer assistance.
6- 69% of customers like to use messaging apps to communicate with businesses over phone or email.
7- 40% of customers say that they prefer to use messaging apps for customer service because they offer quick, convenient, and personalized support.
8- 57% of customers are interested in getting real-time answers to their questions from chatbots.
Overall, these figures demonstrate that Facebook Messenger is a potent tool for eCommerce firms to interact with clients, deliver prompt and effective client support, and boost sales. Businesses can reach a larger audience, boost customer happiness, and eventually increase their income by taking use of Messenger's popularity and convenience.
Best Tactics To Master Using Facebook Messenger To Sell More
Here are some tactics that can help you master using Facebook Messenger in your eCommerce business:
1- Create a Conversational Tone: When communicating with customers on Messenger, it's important to use a conversational tone. Avoid using overly formal language and try to engage with customers in a friendly and approachable manner.
2- Use Automated Messaging: Use chatbots to automate some of your customer service and sales processes. This can help save time and improve efficiency, while still providing a personalized experience for customers.
3- Personalize Your Messaging: Use customer data and analytics to personalize your messaging on Messenger. This can include personalized product recommendations, targeted promotional offers, and messages that address individual customer needs and preferences.
4- Use Messenger Ads: Use Messenger ads to reach new customers and promote your products. Messenger ads can appear in users' inboxes, making them more likely to be noticed and engaged with.
5- Use Messenger for Order Updates: Use Messenger to keep customers informed about the status of their orders. This can include shipping updates, estimated delivery times, and order confirmation messages.
6- Offer Exclusive Deals: Use Messenger to offer exclusive deals and promotions to customers. This can help encourage sales and build loyalty among your customer base.
Real Examples For Using Facebook Messenger Your eCommerce
Here are some real examples of how eCommerce businesses are using Facebook Messenger:
Sephora, a cosmetics retailer, uses Messenger to provide personalized product recommendations and beauty advice to customers. Customers can message Sephora with their beauty questions and concerns, and receive tailored recommendations and advice from Sephora's beauty experts.
H&M, a fashion retailer, uses Messenger to provide customers with personalized styling advice and outfit recommendations. Customers can message H&M with their style preferences and receive tailored recommendations from H&M's fashion experts.
3- Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut uses Messenger to allow customers to place orders and track their delivery status. Customers can use Messenger to order their favorite pizzas, and receive updates on the status of their order via Messenger.
Automate Your Social Media Marketing Now!
By using Convertedin, you can now stay away from the hassle of doing all the marketing on your social media by yourself. Save your efforts, time, and money by using one of the top e-commerce marketing operating systems, which makes use of data and consumer insights to produce personalized multi-channel marketing that increases customer engagement and maximizes ROI.
With pre-made automation templates, you can save time, engage customers, and target the right demographic.
Try out the Dynamic Ads Automation by Convertedin, request a demo now!