Top eCommerce Marketing Automation Statistics You Should know In 2022
Marketing for your eCommerce business nowadays can sound like a lot of work. With all the new marketing trends, tools and categories, you might get overwhelmed with what you should and shouldn’t do for your eCommerce business. Your marketing needs are growing with your business.
Marketing automation tools are considered a shortcut to your marketing success. They will aid you in prioritizing and handling the multiple tasks of your online campaigns.
While eCommerce businesses are rapidly increasing, you need to separate yourself from your competitors. This requires a good plan and strategy.
eCommerce marketing automation can help you turn your visitors into actual purchasers and purchases into loyal customers. It can also aid in analyzing your website's metrics, keeping track of visitors, communicating with potential customers, and more.
Read this article to learn everything you need about eCommerce marketing automation, its newest statistics in 2022, and how it helps your business grow massively.
Table of Content:
- What is eCommerce Marketing Automation?
- What are the Benefits of Using eCommerce Marketing Automation?
- Top eCommerce Marketing Automation Statistics in 2022
- Email Marketing Automation Statistics
- Social Media Marketing Automation Statistics
- Content Marketing Automation Statistics
- Customer Service Automation Statistics
- Advertising Automation Statistics
- Automate Your eCommerce Marketing Campgains Now
What is eCommerce Marketing Automation?
eCommerce marketing automation is about automating all your repetitive marketing tasks using certain software. It is more or less like hiring someone to do specific marketing tasks for your business.
However, eCommerce marketing automation can be considered as the perfect employee. It is reliable, punctual, easy to use, affordable, extremely efficient, and will never get bored from doing repetitive tasks. Those tasks include following up with leads, sending emails, and collecting data.
Research has proven that 91% of marketers say marketing automation software is “essential” for their business.
Automating your eCommerce business marketing gives you more free time, which you can use to produce more creative work for your online store campaigns.
Benefits of Using eCommerce Marketing Automation in 2022
Implementing marketing automation in your eCommerce business will help you plan, implement, manage and automate repetitive marketing tasks across multiple channels to save time, improve ROI, drive customer loyalty and optimize costs.
The top three reasons eCommerce businesses are using marketing automation in all the marketing categories are the following: integrating marketing and sales efforts (35%), improving customer engagement (34%), and improving customer experience (34%) (Ascend2 and Research Partners, 2021).
- eCommerce marketing automation can help you minimize your manual tasks by 30%.
- It aids in increasing the number of leads captured, optimizing workflows, and improving lead quality.
- It will help you gather and analyze your customer’s data and improve your marketing attribution.
Does your company use marketing automation? If not, you need to start using a software to help you automate all your marketing activities and efforts. One of the leading marketing automation solutions providers is Converted.in
Top eCommerce Marketing Automation Statistics in 2022
Did you know that 75% of eCommerce businesses already use marketing automation?
Automation is one of the leading categories of investment, especially social media and email automation. According to Research and Markets, the worldwide eCommerce marketing automation industry will be worth USD 8.42 billion by 2027.
Here are some of the most important statistics that you should know about:
- 65% of marketers use automated email marketing.
- 47% of marketers use automated social media management.
- 30% of marketing professionals use automated landing pages.
- 28% of marketers use automated paid ads.
- 25% of marketers use automated campaign tracking.
- 23% of marketers use automated content management.
- 21% of marketers use automated live chat (chatbots).
Email Marketing Automation Statistics
Email marketing automation is simply a strategy that grants online marketers to reach out to their potential or existing customers with personalized messages on a specific schedule or with certain conditions. Companies using email marketing automation generate twice as many leads.
Below are some email marketing statistics:
- The top three most used email marketing automation techniques are welcome emails or autoresponders (69%), follow-up emails based on content browsed or downloaded (46%), and up-sell or cross-sell emails to existing customers.
- 45% of marketers use automated A/B testing.
- Businesses also use automated follow-up emails for cart abandonment (38%), personalized events such as birthdays, anniversaries, or others (34%), ratings or reviews (28%), subscription service reminders (23%), and back-in-stock or waitlist (10%)
- Marketing automation boosts the open email rate by 173% for newsletters and sales mailings.
- Automated email marketing results in 223% higher click-through rates for newsletters and sales mailings.
- Personalized automated campaigns result in 500% higher conversion.
Social Media Marketing Automation Statistics
Social media automation is all about optimizing your social communication using automated tools. This can include having your posts scheduled ahead of time or republishing your most popular articles. This results in less hours spent on maintaining and growing your accounts.
Did you know that social media management is the second largest area where marketing automation is used?
- 44% of marketers are using social media marketing automation in 2022, compared to only 39% in 2021 (Ascend2 and Research Partners, 2022).
- It can generate 451% more qualified leads. Hence, 61% of marketers use marketing automation to generate more leads.
- 83% of marketers render social media post scheduling most suitable for automation.
Content Marketing Automation Statistics
Content marketing automation is about identifying repetitive content marketing tasks and automating those tasks through tools and applications. Content marketing automation helps marketers and brands improve the efficiency of their overall content marketing strategy. Check some of the content marketing automation statistics:
- Content management automation has increased from 22% in 2021 to 29% in 2022 (Ascend2 and Research Partners, 2022).
- Nearly 48% of eCommerce businesses automate content (HubSpot, 2021).
- “Content marketing automation” is the 12th most expensive keyword in the content marketing industry (Semrush, 2022).
Customer Service Automation Statistics
Did you know that companies that use chatbots can save up to 30% of customer support costs?
According to Statista, 1/3 of customers in the United States expect an instant response to their questions or complaints on social media within 24 hours or less. The only solution for that is automated social media customer service.
Advertising Automation Statistics
Research expects that by the end of this year, 80% of all advertising will be automated. Nowadays, 58% of marketers use marketing automation for upselling their customers.
Did you know that using one-click, automated upselling online ads can increase average order size by more than 360%, and automated, personalized offers based on browsing and purchase history can increase sales by 20%?
Automate Your eCommerce Marketing Tools Now
Marketing automation statistics nowadays demonstrate the value and the increasing importance of marketing automation technology.
You can now have a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead by using Converted.in as a fully automated marketing operating system for your e-commerce. Automate your email marketing, social media campgains, paid ads, campaign tracking, and customer segmentation with just one click.
Get full reports and analysis on your customers and shoppers and optimize your marketing activities accordingly. Request a demo now.