Ecommerce Influencer Marketing Campaigns: Top 10 Inspiring Examples
Did you know that 49% of customers depend on influencer recommendations, and 51% of marketers say that influencer marketing allows them to acquire better customers? (Digital Marketing Institute, 2021). These statistics are a good explanation for why influencer marketing is on the rise and why it is considered one of the top digital marketing trends for 2023.
E-commerce influencer marketing is a form of social media marketing under the big umbrella of digital marketing. It involves a collaboration or partnership between an eCommerce brand and an influencer to market and promotes its products or services.
It is essential to understand that today when we use the word “influencers”, we do not just mean celebrities or people with millions of followers on their platforms. An influencer is anyone who can provide customers with the transparency, credibility, and social proof they need to make the decision to purchase a product or a service.
In other words, it doesn’t matter whether it is a nano, micro, macro, or mega influencer as long it is appealing to your customers. However, leveraging different types of influencers is definitely one of the top influencer marketing strategies that you should be following.
In this article, we brought you some of the most inspiring influencer marketing campaigns for eCommerce.
Top 10 Examples Of Ecommerce Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- American Eagle
- Bigelow Tea
- Colorful Natalie
There are many examples of influencer marketing campaigns for eCommerce. In this article, we gathered the top 10 examples for you to get inspired and start your own influencer marketing campaign.
Glossier is an eCommerce brand that specializes in skincare, body care, makeup, and fragrances. The beauty brand was founded in 2014 by the blogger Emily Weiss. However, the idea behind the brand originated in 2010 when Weiss created a blog called “Into the Gloss” with the aim of exploring the routines of inspiring women and discussing what beauty means to women today.
Glossier’s influencer marketing mainly occurs through Instagram. Glossier adopts a very inspiring approach to influencer marketing that is completely based on its network of fans and micro-influencers. Instead of collaborating with mega influencers and celebrities, Glossier, a community-driven beauty brand, considers all regular women to be their influencers.
Glossier’s Instagram bio says: “ Glossier Inc. is a people-powered beauty ecosystem”.
Among the most inspiring things that Weiss said about her brand’s approach to influencer marketing:
- “What’s very motivating to us is this idea of every woman being an influencer.”
- “At Glossier, something we’ve always stayed very true to, since pre-launch, day one, is that every single person is an influencer.”
Accordingly, Glossier utilizes user-generated content and always encourages its customers to share their daily experiences with its products. The brand incentives customers and micro-influencers by constantly checking their posts and reposting them just like other brands do with mega influencers.
Additionally, the brand selects loyal customers who create the best posts, turns them into brand ambassadors, and incorporates them into referral programs. This way, these influential customers can have their own promo codes, offer product discounts to other customers, and earn a percentage of sales using their promo codes.
- User-Generated Content is gold so do your best to leverage it.
- Micro-influencers are as effective as any other type of influencers as long as they appeal to your customers.
- Incorporating referral programs in your influencer marketing campaigns can be a great way to leverage word-of-mouth marketing.
2- American Eagle
American Eagle is an American lifestyle, clothing, and accessories retailer. It is one of the best examples of brands using mega-influencer marketing to promote their eCommerce store. American Eagle is one of the brands that leveraged influencer marketing on TikTok. It launched a campaign in collaboration with a TikTok influencer named Addison Rae.
Rae is a 22-year-old social media influencer who has around 89 million followers on TikTok and was ranked as the highest-earning TikTok personality by Forbes in 2020. She is known for her high-energy social media presence that appeals very much to young people. This means that her followers fit perfectly with the target audience of American Eagle.
Rae markets for American Eagle by creating videos on TikTok in which she dances wearing the brand’s clothes. She also featured her mom in her videos to promote American Eagle’s mom jeans.
- Customer segmentation is crucial in influencer marketing because you have to make sure that you are collaborating with influencers who will be able to reach your target audience.
Mejuri is an online jewelry brand that uses content repurposing as an influencer marketing strategy for its eCommerce store. Content repurposing in influencer marketing means re-using the content generated by influencers in new formats, on other platforms, and for different purposes.
In the following post, we can see Mejuri collaborating with a macro-influencer named Allegra Shaw to create high-quality and eye-catching content that can be reused on Pinterest.
Mejuri also has a kind of Affiliate program called “The Fine Crew” through which they send their products to their brand ambassadors, who then post content about these products to their followers with a discount code. These ambassadors get a commission in return.
Mejuri’s implementation of influencer marketing is pretty smart. To better illustrate, first, the eCommerce brand reaps the obvious benefits of collaborating with influencers and brand ambassadors on Instagram. Then, it takes all the images generated by these influencers, such as Allegra Shaw and others, and posts them on Pinterest, which offers even more benefits.
Pinterest offers Mejuri the benefits of creating dedicated Pinterest boards, personalizing content for each user, in addition to adding a “shop” tab to showcase all the brand’s products.
- Whatever the type of influencer marketing that you are implementing, repurposing influencer-generated content is always a good way to gain more benefits from it. However, make sure that you include this in your initial agreement with influencers.
Misguided is a British online fashion store. It is another example of an eCommerce brand that launches influencer marketing campaigns with different types of influencers.
For example, in addition to working with professional models, the brand reaches out to micro and macro influencers through Instagram hashtags, such as “#babesofmissguided”. This hashtag has almost 400,000 posts generated by regular customers and influencers.
Missguided is also investing in influencer marketing on TikTok by collaborating with influential TikTok content creators.
- Make sure your influencer marketing campaigns are inclusive.
- Spread your influencer marketing campaigns across different channels and platforms and synchronize them together so that you can enjoy the benefits of omnichannel marketing.
5- Bigelow Tea
Bigelow Tea is an American brand that sells a variety of fine-quality tea online. In its influencer marketing campaign, the brand decided to collaborate with a blogger named Ashley Thurman.
As a blogger and an influencer, Thurman used her blog “ Cherished Bliss” to market the products of Bigelow Tea. She wrote articles where she provided her readers with a recipe for Bigelow iced tea with lemonade ice cubes.
This campaign was a success because the blog got 32,000 engagements, and the sales of Bigelow Tea increased by 18.5%.
- Do not be afraid to use different types of influencer marketing. We know that it is more tempting to collaborate with social media influencers; however, if your brand can be promoted by a blogger through an article, do not hesitate to go for it.
Sephora is another beauty brand that utilizes micro-influencers and works with brand ambassadors. It has an influencer marketing program called #SephoraSquad, which is considered to be very creatively different from other influencer programs.
What makes this program different is that it gives decision-making power to the influencers and their followers. For that purpose, Sephora created a website dedicated to the recruitment of influencers for the #SephoraSquad campaign, and it signed long-term contracts with them. It worked on making the program inclusive of all identities, ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and sexual orientations.
Through this program, Sephora engages different types of influencers and their followers. Additionally, the #SephoraSquad hashtag on Instagram has around 76,000 user-generated posts.
- Work on establishing long-term partnerships with influencers and their followers. This will make your brand more transparent and credible, which will eventually increase brand awareness, brand loyalty, and sales.
Biossance is a sustainable skincare brand that manages to launch successful influencer marketing campaigns for its eCommerce store. The brand chose to collaborate with a popular TV personality named Jonathan Van Ness. JVN is considered a celebrity and a mega influencer with 5.6 million followers on Instagram.
It is important to mention that the main values of Biossance are sustainable beauty and inclusivity, which happens to be the same values of JVN. This is what made him the perfect influencer for the brand. Moreover, JVN is an expert on beauty products, and he is very successful at using his expertise to compel his followers to buy Biossance products.
- Do not choose the influencers you collaborate with haphazardly. The trick is to choose influencers whose values match the values of your eCommerce brand and who are knowledgeable and passionate about what you’re selling.
** Learn more about How to Use Instagram Influencer Marketing For eCommerce
8- Colorful Natalie
Colorful Natalie is a teen-focused fashion brand that uses giveaways and contests as influencer marketing strategies. It launched a campaign in which it collaborated with micro-influencers on Instagram to promote a giveaway. The giveaway involved the chance to win a $100 gift card and a pair of Nike Air Jordans.
- Make sure your influencers ask their followers to follow your eCommerce brand’s account as a condition to join the giveaway or contests.
- Work with your influencers on creating a sense of urgency in the giveaway or the contest so that you can leverage FOMO marketing.
Levi’s is an American clothing company with an eCommerce store that works with influencers for the marketing of that store. Levi’s recent influencer marketing campaigns have focused on raising awareness of Levi’s sustainability efforts and of the fashion industry’s overconsumption.
For that purpose, the brand collaborated with two mega-influencers: Jaden Smith and Emma Chamberlain. The two celebrities made videos where they wore Levi’s products and talked about their own mindful consumption for the planet. The aim of this influencer marketing campaign was to encourage customers to buy second-hand and to commit to quality, sustainably sourced materials.
- Try to tie your influencer marketing campaign to a good cause and make your customers feel that they can be part of this good cause too, if they buy your products.
Native is an American beauty retail company that uses sustainable healthy ingredients in its products. To market its series of deodorants, Native collaborates with Youtube influencers, such as Zoë Sugg, a lifestyle Youtuber.
In her videos, Sugg talks about her experience with Native deodorants giving her subscribers the kind of social proof they need to make the decision to buy the same product. She also adds a promo code that will give them a special discount.
- Do not underestimate the power of Youtube influencers.
- You can repurpose the most viewed content of youtube influencers and feature it in Youtube Ads. However, this is something that should be disclosed in your initial agreement with the influencer.
Influencer marketing is the future of digital marketing, in general, and social media marketing, in particular. Therefore, you should invest in it without hesitation. However, you will need to plan well for it and to use the help of automation tools.
Converted.in offers you a great marketing automation tool that will:
- Segment your target audience, which is something essential for you to be able to choose the right influencers for your campaigns.
- Create, customize, launch, and automate personalized ads, SMS, and email marketing campaigns in which you can tell your customers about your partnerships with influencers or in which you can even integrate your influencer-generated content.
Book your Demo now to start your journey with influencer marketing.