Optimize Your Store With The Best 10 Marketing Automation Use Cases
In the constantly evolving eCommerce sector, more than offering compelling products or services and having an attractive website is needed. To stay ahead of the competition, an eCommerce store must always consider the shifts in customers’ expectations and the daily changes that technological advancements make to the nature of online shopping.
One of these life-saving technological gifts is marketing automation. Every day, eCommerce businesses are getting to know the undeniable potential of marketing automation a little more. From capturing new leads and nurturing them to establishing a better relationship with current customers, marketing automation use cases are rapidly increasing.
Keep reading this article to watch us delve into the interesting world of eCommerce marketing automation. We will explore some of the most significant marketing automation use cases and present them to you in a way that shows you how much you need marketing automation for your eCommerce business.
The Best 10 Marketing Automation Use Cases In E-Commerce
- Lead Generation.
- Welcoming and Onboarding.
- Cart Abandonment Campaigns.
- Remarketing Campaigns.
- Campaigns Encouraging Repeat Purchase
- Gathering Feedback
- Cross-Selling and Up-Selling
- Updates and News about your brand.
- Social Media Advertising.
Did you know the global eCommerce marketing automation industry will be worth 8.42 billion dollars by 2027 (FindStack, 2023)? All the recent marketing automation statistics prove that it is becoming indispensable for e-commerce stores to incorporate automation in every aspect of their business. Therefore, you must carefully look at the following marketing automation use cases.
1- Lead Generation
Marketing automation can be a powerful tool for eCommerce businesses to generate leads. It can help them identify, capture, and nurture leads. It can also contribute to converting prospects into loyal customers. In other words, marketing automation can provide different kinds of help with your leads, from the second you identify them to the one where you reward them for being loyal.
In this point, we explore how you can benefit from automation in capturing leads. As for how marketing automation can help nurture these leads and turn them into loyal customers, this will be discussed in thorough detail through the following points.
- Automated Pop-ups. Marketing automation can automate the showup of popups on your eCommerce store so that all website visitors, old or new, can see them. You can use these popups to ask visitors for their contact information, such as phone numbers or email addresses. They can also have a lead magnet to incentivize visitors and motivate them to give you what you need.
- Create attractive Lead Magnets. Marketing automation can also help you in the creation of lead magnets. For example, if your lead magnets are free downloadable eBooks or White Papers, you can use a marketing automation tool to generate them.
- Chatbots and Livechats. You can use automation to generate leads through chatbots on your website. These chatbots can gather visitors’ contact information while engaging with them, answering their questions, and responding to their inquiries in real-time.
2- Welcoming and Onboarding
As we said, marketing automation will not leave you in the middle of the road. In the previous point, we discussed how a marketing automation tool can help you capture leads. At this point, we will discuss how it continues supporting you throughout nurturing these leads, turning them into actual customers, and welcoming these new customers to your brand’s community.
You don’t need a fancy marketing automation tool to help you with this use case; you only need one that can automate email campaigns because emails are all you need to welcome and onboard new customers.
- Automate Welcome Emails. As soon as a customer provides their email address, automate an email that welcomes them to your community, introduces them to your brand, shows them your products or services, and motivates them to convert into actual buyers.
- Automate Post-Purchase Emails. Some brands like to postpone welcoming prospects into the brand’s community until after they make a purchase and become actual customers. If you’d prefer to do that, marketing automation is still there for you.
- Automate a sequence of onboarding emails. The welcome email needs to be followed by other emails that guide the customer through the buying journey. You can automate the launch of emails over days, weeks, or even months. In other words, you can choose how you want your onboarding process to go, and a marketing automation tool can automate the entire process for you.
E-commerce personalization is too important to discuss between the lines. Hence, we are tackling it as a distinct marketing automation use case for eCommerce stores.
As someone who owns an eCommerce store or works at one, you know how significant personalized content is. However, if you have to personalize the experience of every customer manually and separately, that would be a nightmare. Fortunately, you live in the 21st century, where you don’t have to do that because marketing automation exists.
In other words, marketing automation can help you scale your personalization strategies to include all your customers.
- Customer Segmentation and Data Gathering. No one can implement personalization before segmenting customers, identifying target audiences, and gathering as much customer data as possible. Even marketing automation systems need the data. The thing is that, with marketing automation, customers are segmented automatically, and data is immediately gathered, sorted, and ready to be leveraged for personalization purposes.
- Personalized Content. We’ve already established that marketing automation tools can help you automate email marketing campaigns. We are now letting you know that they can also personalize the content of these emails. In other words, marketing automation can help you create dynamic personalized content that changes based on customers’ data.
- Take care of Personalized Events. Birthdays and anniversaries are a big deal to some customers. Email marketing automation tools can help you send your customers personalized emails celebrating such events with them.
4- Cart Abandonment Campaigns
Cart abandonment is a serious problem that many eCommerce stores struggle with. Serious problems need serious solutions, and there is no better solution than marketing automation.
One of the best ways to reduce the cart abandonment rate is through abandoned cart email campaigns, which aim at re-engaging website visitors who leave your website without purchasing the items they’ve added to their shopping carts. Luckily, eCommerce marketing automation tools can automate these email campaigns and help you alleviate the problem of cart abandonment in other ways.
- Email Triggers. With marketing automation, you can set up the action of customers abandoning their shopping carts as an automated email trigger. Additionally, you can choose that these automated emails include personalized content or incentives.
- Automated SMS. Emails are not the only way you can reach out to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts, and it is not the only thing marketing automation can help you with. You can also automate SMSs that remind customers of their abandoned items and include links to their carts.
5- Remarketing Campaigns
Have you ever had customers who were loyal to you for a long time but haven’t purchased anything for a few months?
It’s okay if your answer is yes because that can happen to any eCommerce store.
Just like marketing automation can help you get back the attention of website visitors who have abandoned their carts, it can also help you attract old customers who have been away for a while.
- Automate Remarketing Emails. Marketing automation can help you automatically start a re-engaging conversation with customers who have been away for some time. For example, you can set an automated email trigger that gets activated when a customer hasn’t purchased anything for two months or any other specific period that suits your business’s goals.
6- Campaigns Encouraging Repeat Purchase
Image source: usetada.com
Another type of email marketing campaign that marketing automation tools can help you with is campaigns aiming at the increase of repeat purchase rate of your store.
When automated, these campaigns can go hand in hand with your customer retention strategies and reduce your customer acquisition costs.
- Automate Thank You Emails. When you immediately thank customers for purchasing an item or subscribing to a service, you make them feel seen and appreciated. Such feelings urge customers to make another purchase, which is what you’re aiming for.
- Automate Personalized Discounts Emails. Other than thank you emails, you can go directly for automated emails with personalized discounts as incentives to encourage customers to purchase more items.
- A Full Set of Automated Post-Purchase Emails. You can benefit from automation to the maximum by setting up a complete post-purchase email campaign. When customers feel you are taking care of your relationship with them, they are more inclined to revisit your store and make repeat purchases.
7- Gathering Feedback
No business in the world can succeed and grow without feedback. However, today, you don’t have to do that with your own hands because marketing automation can easily do that for you. In other words, automation can help you collect, manage, and take advantage of customer feedback. It can help you use that feedback to develop your brand, products, services, or the customer experience as a whole.
- Automated and Segmented Surveys. With marketing automation, you can send personalized surveys to each one of your customer segments. These surveys are sent automatically to customers.
- Automated Response to Feedback. To make your customers have an even better experience, leverage marketing automation to send them responses for their feedback, whether it is positive or negative.
- Post Customer Testimonials on your Website. Automate the display of customer testimonials on your website pages. They provide website visitors with the social proof they need to trust your brand.
8- Cross-Selling and Up-Selling
Cross-selling, up-selling, and all forms of product recommendation are some of the most popular use cases of marketing automation for eCommerce.
As effective as product recommendations are for your business, you cannot do them manually, especially if you want them personalized. However, with marketing automation tools, you can launch automated and personalized cross-selling and up-selling campaigns.
9- Updates about your brand
Do you want your customers to learn everything new about your brand? Do you want them to be regularly aware of all your new products or services and recent sales and discounts?
That can be very easy if you do it with marketing automation. In other words, you can set up an automated newsletter that delivers your brand’s updates to your customers.
10- Social Media Advertising
Another crucial marketing automation use case for eCommerce is social media advertising. Marketing automation makes social media marketing more efficient.
Marketing automation tools can help you set up and manage your social media advertising campaigns and launch them. They can also contribute to gathering insights from these campaigns and analyzing them.
- Omnichannel Advertising. With marketing automation, you can launch your ads wherever your target audience exists. You can automate social media ads on several platforms at the same time while having them transmit the same message to your customers.
- Social Media Ads A/B Testing. You can also automate the A/B testing of your social media ads to evaluate and optimize your campaigns.
** Check out this article to discover the top 10 marketing automation best practices for higher conversion rates.
To sum up, it is clear how revolutionizing marketing automation is becoming. It is a game-changer for eCommerce stores with its daily increasing number of use cases. We advise you to start incorporating marketing automation into as many aspects of your eCommerce business as possible.
One of the best marketing automation tools that you can use to try all the previously discussed use cases for yourself is the tool offered by Converted.in This tool can automate the following:
- Your customer segmentation process while gathering all your customer data into one place with a 360-degree view of your customers.
- All your email marketing campaigns.
- Your social advertising campaigns across different platforms.
- Your SMS campaigns.
Book your demo now and start your journey with eCommerce marketing automation.